Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM ServeRAID-4m with non-IBM motherboard ( Is it possible ? ) HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peetoose

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2004
CA
Hey, I've come into a barely used EXP300 + 14 73GB cheetahs with a ServeRAID-4m controller...Unfortunately We don't have any IBM servers and won't get one...I've tried this hardware combo in several 32 and 64 bit mobo's and configurations in Known-working systems but none of the mobo's even post with the ServeRAID installed...I've been told that this card will work with other systems and that others are doing it...Does anyone have any experience using this card in a non-IBM config ? OR is anyone using the IBM EXP300 with any other Raid COntroller successfully ?

Thanx alot !

Peetoose

If no machine posts,I think the card is bad. The IBM cards will work in any machine, exp300 will connect to other raid boxes. I ran an old 3L card in an intel dual board for a while with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back