Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM RSA through firewall, blank screen in remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerWK

IS-IT--Management
Jul 8, 2009
I am conntecting to an RSA card via a fire wall. When I select remote control, a get the remote control screen, the headers/footers are all there but the screen is blank where I should be seeing the logon prompt.
If I follow the same process to a server on my side of the fire wall everything works.

Has anyone else had this problem? and what is the solution?

Thanks for that. Port 2000 was open but there appears to be a conflict with what CISCO uses port 2000 for and the RSA card. This is the comment from our Fire wall techo's

"If the traffic is not SKINNY traffic and it's destined to port 2000. NAT will treat it as SKINNY data. If it's not then, the traffic should not use port 2000"

"tcp_2000 used as skinny port for cisco . when tcp_2000 is not used as skinny port the nat translation will fail.
no ip nat service skinny tcp port 2000 <---------------- recommended workaround. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back