Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM RSA ASU - need rsa.def file please

Status
Not open for further replies.

tncaveman

Technical User
Aug 6, 2010
US
I also need the "rsa.def" file - it seems as if IBM has removed any links to the related file(s); maybe as a further push to force people onto their full-fledged IBM Director product.

I am very anxious to do some simple scripting against our IBM x236 and x3500 servers, but the ASU complains "Error communicating with RSA/RSA2"

In old thread (2007), I saw reference that I would need to "re-bind" the "rsa.def" file, but IBM no longer has links to these files - so odd, since they DO provide links to the "ASU" - which, ironically, cannot be used properly without re-binding the rsa.def (even though a patchlist shows 'rsa.def' clearly already exists in the established patches). IBM provides all other pieces: bios definition (separately), something called "savestat.def" and other items, but NOWHERE is there any "rsa.def," in case it needs to be re-bound / re-loaded.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tncaveman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back