Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Raid Array

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMX350

Technical User
May 29, 2012
SG
hi gurus, new to the world of raid system.

Please help me understand; we have an IBM server, i had checked the IBM Server RAID Manager. It has two arrays and has 6 devices.

First array has two devices in RAID 1
Second array has four devices in RAID 5

My question is there a way to check which partition of my drive is configured on which array?

Let's say drive c, drive d or drive e is stored on which array?

thanks.

That is a function of the OS, as to partitioning and drive letters. The raid card just uses different scheme to create logical drives for the OS, to partition and populate. In other words, look at the drive management tools for your OS. But usually C is the OS, and therefor on the raid 1 (mirror). All other data is on the raid 5.

You can do it through the Serveraid software (somewhere):

But, I would look to Disk Management on the server (assuming windows server - not specified).

If you click on each partition (C:, D:, E:), it will show you which drive (array) it lives on. Then from the size of the disk it lives on, you can tell. If C: and D: share a disk, add them up and compare the size to the RAID1 array or RAID5 array.

The RAID1 is very likely the operating system (C:) and D: and E: are likely on the RAID5 if they are filled with data. A standard setup strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back