Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM PS700 replaced, map existing drives on DS3500

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjvail

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2021
US
Yesterday we swapped out a PS700 (840670Y). It's in a BladeCenter S. The planar went bad on the old one. New one is powered up, in SMS, but I don't want to screw up and lose all my existing data. I'm not familiar enough with these setups to just start clicking and typing. In the storage manager I can see the old Host Port Identifiers, so is it just a matter of adding the new Host Port Identifier as an option in storage manager?

Edit: below is my attempt at clarifying what I’m trying to ask, after I posted on another forum.

The storage backend for the BladeCenter S is an IBM DS3500. When I look at the mappings for blade in question I see the old Host Port Identifiers. The new/replacement blade shows up under Unassociated host port identifiers. So, my overall question is this, in order to regain access to the existing data in the new blade, do I just need to add the Host Port Identifier to the mappings for the host?

Pay an IBM partner to do that. It's not a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back