Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ibm Pc server 325

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z1gg33

Technical User
May 28, 2003
AU
A newbie question. I have recently purchased a Ibm pc server 325 Dual pro 200 machine (It came as a single pro).

I have been unable to find allot of information about this machine. I have read all the doc's on and from my (Limited) understanding. I am either unable to run dual 200's with different cache sizes.
OR that it can be done, but Ibm does not support this.

At this stage I am not sure if the second processor (Purchased seperatly) is working or not. I suspect it is.
and have not changed any jumpers on either board

Is it possible to run 2xPro 200's 1x512k, 1x256k in the machine? If it is, what jumper settings should I be using.

If you still care {I see this is an old thread..} you can run dual CPU's.

You will need another 12J2699 VRM and a 2nd CPU.

Pull the dummy card and install the 2nd CPU there.

The top cover lists the jumper settings.

Depending on which 8639-xxx you have, it can run no more than 512M of RAM. The 8639-2RY will take up to 1024MB.

You are corrrect re: problems getting data. It's not clear there was ever a HMM on this machine -- an employee friend is looking to no avail so far. I'm seeking the BIOS, SCSI, Ethernet update tools I see passing mention to in various places, but no joy so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back