Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Netfinity 7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigreguy

Technical User
Feb 1, 2003
I am running an IBM Netfinity 7000 M10 server with an IBM mass media device which contains 10 9.1 GB Hdd's.
Everything was running fine until one day I noticed that 2 of the hard drives on the same array were instead of reading green were reading yellow. Now the entire array is reading yellow and when I open ServeRAID Manager every few moments I hear 4 beeps.
I am not familiar with reading event viewer and do not understand the error codes "yet". Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to fix this problem. I should also add that the array can not be seen any longer. I have checked with Disk Manager. What I do see there is 1/2 half of the array is Unallocated and states Disk 2 the other 1/2 has Failed and has a red X with the word Missing. I am able to see the C drive and the Shadow Drive. If you need any further information I will do my best to relay that to you.

Thanks,

Tony

Well from what it sounds like is you had a two drives die in your array. The only real way to fix this problem is to get two new drives and rebuild the array and restore from backups :(.

Eric
Whirlpool Corp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back