Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Netfinity 7000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigreguy

Technical User
Feb 1, 2003
My server is no longer able to see the array. It is an array of 10 9.1 GB hdd's. Divided into 2 arrays. 2 hard drives failed. When I look into Computer Managment I can no longer see the array. In what use to be the array, I see Disk 2 which is Online and Unallocated.
The other says Missing with a Red X and says Failed.
I did replace the 2 hdd's and now their blinking.......It has been so long since I had to rebuild this array that I don't seem to remember how its done.
Also the data that was on this array, is it lost?
And can it be recovered?
I did try to run a ERD and did not see the array this way either.

What I am able to see in CM is thee disk with the Red X and a grayed out area next to it.
(C:) and Shadow Copies....I had a mirror drive set up for the OS.

Can someone please help me out with this.

Thanks,

Tony

Did you lose 2 drives in the same array? If so you are done. There is nothing for it to rebuild to since you can only loose 1 drive in a raid array.

If this is a hardware raid as a last ditch effort you could install servraid manager, get the logs and see which of the 2 drives went down last. You would need the original drives back in the machine in the exact same location that they were before and you could then force the last drive online. IF that drive goes online you should then be able to access the data on the array if so you could then replace the other drive and let it rebuild then once that was done mark the 2nd drive defunct and replace it and let it rebuild.

You can always set one of the drives back online using ServeRaid Manager and see if it will stay up long enough to pull the data off. If you lost only 2 then you can set online online immediately and the Logical Drive should return to Critical status instead of offline.

Disregard my last post. I was lazy and didn't read ibmtech65's post. Sorry bout that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back