Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Netfinity 7000 M10

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigreguy

Technical User
Feb 1, 2003
Hello,

I am running the above stated server. The server is not the problem at all, the problem is that I am also running an IBM mass media device. This device holds 10 scsi hdd's. On a few ocassions I have experienced hdd failures. Normally that would mean setting the hdds as defunct and replacing them. I did this on those ocassions and took the same hard drives and reinisialized them.....

The most recent problem I had was that 2 hdds failed at once and took my array channel down...I lost everything. Now people tell me that scsi hdds are supposed to "work forever" and that 2 hdds within the same array is almost impossible....expecially as it happened. These are older 9.1gb hdds.

Does anybody know how I go about testing the device to see if its in fact faulty...

I forgot to mention that the server does have a card in it.......so this is not a software array.

If further information is needed please let me know....I'm rather new with this.

Tony

I think you'd get better results if you posted in different IBM category .... good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back