Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Netfinity 5000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkroll

Programmer
Feb 17, 2004
US
Can anybody help me? I am totally knew to this so I have no idea on how to set this up. here is what I have been trying so far. I downloaded ServerRaid 6.1 and burned it to a cd. After that I booted to that cd and (first off downloaded the file for windows but when I booted to the cd it starts in Linux! ????) after the manager starts up it tells it is unable to communicate to the controller.
Also when I try to boot to Win XP it sees the drive but it says it is 0 meg.

Am I doing something wrong (well of course I am but what)??

Can anyone help me set this up? I am, for right now, just going to use it for personal crap nothing more.
I have an 9.1 SCSI hard drive in it. Plus I have been trying to boot to a normal IDE drive with no luck. I have messed with normal computers before but never a raid server. I have NO cards installed except an ethernet card.

HELP PLEASE!!
Thanks

First off serve raid is on linux,this is normal. Also if you are running off the on-board scsi it is no raid enabled,you need a raid card,that is why the serve raid cd can't find one. And if you only have 1 9.1 gb scsi drive why are you trying to setup raid? you can't raid 1 drive to itself....you need a minimum of 2 drives for raid 0 or 1,3 drives for raid 5. Next the ide controller on board this server is for the cdrom drive and is not ment for a bootable hdd per the IBM HMM.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back