Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Netfinity 5000 Not Detecting PS2 Mouse - Configuration Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

link470

Technical User
Sep 1, 2005
CA
Hi. I have a Netfinity 5000 running Windows Server 2003 and am running an old serial mouse on it. That's what I've always used.

I recently got an 8 port KVM switch, and I wanted to put the server on the KVM. The KVM of course, requires a PS2 connection, which the server has. From an available KVM cable, I currently have the PS2 keyboard plugged in, and the serial mouse plugged in, and the monitor connection plugged in. The mouse PS2 connector is just dangling there. When I attempt to plug that in, the computer boots up and says there has been a configuration change, and refuses to boot Windows. I can't get past the configuration change window, it just asks me if I'd like to enter the configuration, and I get nothing. It's just a blank screen. All I want to do is use my PS2 connector on the server so I don't have to have a nice KVM switch, nice monitor, nice keyboard, and 8 mice.

Just to varify, it's not the mouse or the KVM switch. It's something to do with the Netfinity 5000 not liking to go to PS2 for a mouse connection, I've tried a few other PS2 mice.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back