Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM MQ Series 6 2059 Error - messages from multithreaded app

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamess25

Programmer
Aug 3, 2011
GB
We have an application service which can be configured to run with one or more threads to increase performance depending on the hardware it is running on.

When we run the service with one thread IBM MQ is happy for us to process all messages but when it is in multithreaded mode normally around the 3700 message mark IBM MQ starts sending back 2059 (Queue Manager not available) errors causing our service to stop the current run. When we check IBM MQ the queue manager is running and happily process messages.

I have tried increasing the Backlog value on the Listener and the Queue manager but the results are the same. I have also (and didn't expect it to work) increase the MaxHandles value on the Queue manager again with the same results.

If anyone has any ideas on what could be causing this and possible solutions I would be gratefull?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back