Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM LTO mounting tray for STK L40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris969404

Technical User
Oct 6, 2006
US
Does anyone know the part number for the drive tray for an IBM LTO drive to fit ino an STK L40/L80 library please. I cannot find it anywhere.
Thanks in anticipation

This tray isn't orderable. This a strategy to force customers to buy the package (tray + drive) from SUN. Even if you find the P/N, SUN will not sell you the part. The only way to go is to try to find any 2nd hand trays on the internet...

Thank you for the info. I know what SUN's plan is. I am trying to do a search for one and the part number would be helpful to track one down.
Regards Chris

You need trays?

A couple of years ago when we needed some trays we sent a real one to the local sheet metal fabrication business and had them made up. Cost us buttons and they worked fine.

STKman

Is there any logic and loading mechanism on the tray for the IBM LTO like there is for the Seagate drive?

I've not seen one for a while but I don't think so.

Thank you I did not think there was but needed to make sure.

Hi Chris,
I think there is a sense cable as part of the tray assembly that runs from the drive to the library...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back