Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM i AS400 Track Submitted Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeWell

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2020
US
Hi,

I have an IBM i with a menu driven ERP application on it. Each of the menu options calls a CL program to execute a COBOL program or execute additional CL. I'm looking for a way to log all CL programs that are called - hopefully without going in an modifying the CL to write to a log file. That would require modifying, recompiling, testing and redeploying all the CL. Ultimate goal is to identify what CL programs are being executed the most (what programs are the best candidates for modernization). A couple notes: 1) This ERP application is running on multiple systems that have IBM i OS versions V4R4 to V7+ so I'm looking for a solution that will work across versions - if possible. 2) I'm guessing there might be an OS level logging option but I have to be careful because some of these machines have very little disk space.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back