Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM FAStT600 or HP MSA1000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tulip

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2001
IE
Can anybody please advise which of these to go for and why. I am leaning towards the IBM solution as it is a fully Fibre one but need to justify the cost to my manager and I do not have any SAN experience.Will be getting help with the install.

We just recently purchased a Fastt900 and we love it. I would purchase the IBM option because of the excellent support (NOTE that unless you purchase IBM consulting, you only get break/fix support and not how to support) and management software included with their units. I believe that the Fastt600 can scale up to 8.2TB (and 16TB with the turbo option) and the MSA1000 only scales to 6TB. That particular HP unit give you less performance (look both of them up on their respective websites and compare stats). I don't know what the price difference would be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back