Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ibm exp3000 defunct

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnack

Vendor
May 30, 2003
SG
Hi i have a old gateway server using a serveraid 4L raid card. 7 Hdd, 6 as raid 5 with 1 hotspare on a EXP300 external storage , running microsoft Windows 2000

Currently we have plug out the serveraid 4L from the gateway server and plug into a IBM X345 server. There is serveraid 6I in slot 2 for the internal operating system (MS 2k3)for the server . The Serveraid 4L was plug into the slot 3 of the IBM server X345 and connected which was connected to EXP 300.

Right now, after booting up to 2k3, all the hard disk in EXP 300 were offline and defunct. However at the serveraid manager, i am able to bring them all online but somehow the raid setting was gone.

Does the "save raid setting" on the controller or hard disk matters in this case as i move both the controller and the hard disk (EXP300) to the new server

Can anyone help me or face similar problem before?

Did i miss some steps or the procedure is totally wrong ?
i could not afford to loss the data

Please help and thank a million in advance.

Dnack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back