Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM DS-Series Storage Systems and Dell PowerEdge Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2014
US
We have a DS4300 and DS3400 Storage System with additional drive enclosures. They were handed to us with no software or HBA. My question is very simple - what model of HBA do I need to operate both the DS4300 and DS3400 in a Dell PowerEdge 2950? I have found a QLogic QLE246x series controller that appears compatible, is this the correct fiber HBA to interface with this Storage System?

Additionally, the units were handed to us without any software or maintenance agreement. Can the Storage Systems be operated without additional software on a Windows Server 2008/2012 R2 PowerEdge 2950?

I have been tasked with bringing this online and IBM has been silent due to it being out of warranty (by two weeks!). Any advice here? Thanks in advance.

Ron Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back