Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Docks and add-on video cards... grrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2003
CA
Hi all. I'm having this annoying issue with a few laptops and their docks in the office. We have 2 monitors on each system, but since the monitors are analog I have to use an add-on video card with a VGA-DVI adapter for one of the monitors. Anyway, I have this setup on about 30 systems, and most of them work great. However, on about 6 of them I'm having an issue where the second monitor gets disabled when the user locks their workstation. The only way to get it back is to go into display properties, disable the 2nd monitor and then re-enable it. I've resolved 3 of them by replacing the video cards. However the other 3 are still having this problem even with the new vid card. All 30 of these docks have the exact same video card, so I don't get it. It's not the drivers.

Any ideas? This is driving me nuts

Have you checked the display properties in the bios? Only a guess but some thing may be set different there.

Wayne

Life is a big Roleplaying adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back