Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM director ticker? how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonsky

MIS
Apr 23, 2001
US
anyone? i need help on how to configure the IBM director server. I want this thing to happen,(note im using ibm director with RDM )
1) if server one down/or hardware failure do
2) boot up from network another server via PXE
3) push the image of the downserver from my image database at ibm director and push it to install to the booting server.

i know this can be done, but please somebody guide me.

thanks!

You must create an action plan , then associatate an event filter ( the event you want actioned). From Tasks panel in
right click on Add a message to Console Ticker Tape to create the ticket tape message you want to. Drag that onto the event fileter you created for the event action plan. Then in order to run a program you must select one Run a program on a server , or run a program on the event server or Run a Taks on a server. On of these will allow you to Kick of a bat or script file of some sort toallow you to pull down an image.Hope this helps.

Currany

This is no small task and more than could possibly be described in this venue. It's an entire WhitePaper! It is possible and very good under the right circumstances. A project like this is worth the money to pay for IBM Director support to provide you guidance, with a more conprehensive understanding of your specific environment.

What you discribe should indeed be possible!

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/pc_servers_pdf/rdm420_userref_guide.pdf

Check out chapter 17.

All in all this document should give the the info you need to get most of this done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back