Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM DIRECTOR ISSUE: Won't connect to database.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2001
US
I need some help with my director server... It will not load the director application any more.. the server service just stops with this error (any ideas??):

The description for Event ID ( 100 ) in Source ( TWGServer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: TWGServer (TWGVersion 4.22 2005-05-26 build id 574), TWGServer, ServiceThreadGroup, java.lang.ClassCastException: com.ibm.sysmgt.app.mpa.server.storagemgr.ConnectionRecordPointer, java.lang.ClassCastException: com.ibm.sysmgt.app.mpa.server.storagemgr.ConnectionRecordPointer
at com.ibm.sysmgt.app.mpa.server.storagemgr.ConnectionDataStore.buildPointerRecord(ConnectionDataStore.java:723)
at com.ibm.sysmgt.app.mpa.server.storagemgr.ConnectionDataStore.get(ConnectionDataStore.java:547)
at com.ibm.sysmgt.app.mpa.server.storagemgr.StorageManager.getAttributeValue(StorageManager.java:1707)
at com.ibm.sysmgt.adapters.attributesAdapter.getAttributeValue(attributesAdapter.java:123)
at com.ibm.sysmgt.platform.PhysicalPlatform.getAttributeValue(PhysicalPlatform.java:803)
at com.ibm.sysmgt.platform.PhysicalPlatformFactory.Activate(PhysicalPlatformFactory.java:886)
at com.tivoli.twg.engine.TWGManagedObjectFactory.ActivateTree(TWGManagedObjectFactory.java:605)
at com.tivoli.twg.engine.TWGManagedObjectFactory.ActivateTree(TWGManagedObjectFactory.java:610)
at com.tivoli.twg.engine.TWGManagedObjectFactory.ActivateTree(TWGManagedObjectFactory.java:610)
at com.tivoli.twg.engine.TWGManagedObjectFactory.ActivateAll(TWGManagedObjectFactory.java:594)
at com.tivoli.twg.engine.TWGServer.run(TWGServer.java:586)

What version of AIX are you running? This looks lik a JAVA error, has anything been changed in this area? What JAVA version are you using and is it compatible with the Director version?

JuJutsu - Jeff S.
Support Analyst

I just encountered the identical issue today. Was running Java-2 1.5.0u1 when it occurred. Downgraded to 1.4.2 provided by IBM website to no avail.

What is going on here??

I do not know what happend.. and neither does IBM.. I worked with them for over 24 hrs and could not recover the DB. Then after I rebuild the whole damn thing... I get an email stating that the inventory inforation is all that is stored in the DB... all of the RSA and Server information is stored locally and could have been restored from a backup of the system. I am covered now and know how to recover.. be careful though... the DB is a pain to get restored correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back