Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Director Assistance (Newbie)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthowil

MIS
Mar 11, 2005
US
Please forgive me up front for what maybe some novice questions. I have looked through several red paper, read through many postings, etc before posting this thread.

Backgroung info:
I am new to this application but have it installed and seems to be getting alerts: blade powered off\on; inserted\removed; memory or power issues, etc.

Objective:
1. I want to receive any critiical alerts or failures (which I believe it occuring already).

2. Set up a task to alert if the server doesn't respond to a ping letting me know the server is offline(something equalivate to a Compaq Insight Manager task).

3. Setup monitoring for FAST T's - for failed hard drives

Misc:

1. Can someone assist me with establishing a project plan on a high level or establishing some deliverables.

2. Does anyone have an idea what the fee is to obtain IBM Director support?

3. Are there any training courses on Director, that's worth attending?

I know this application can do a lot more but need to hold off until I can get a better grasp of the application.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back