Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Blade Server 400R How do I open this thing??? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tympanicman

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2006
US
I bought a 4000R and For the life of me I can't open it to get at the hardware. I don't want to break anything because it seems someone may have tried to open it before and broke a TAB on the front Black / brown plastic fan holder. So any help on how to open this server would be welcome... Any Magic words like Open says me etc.

Thanks in advance...

Hopefully you have found a way to open it by now. If not, there are either some small screws in the top of the cover plate along the front by the black plastic grill. There may also be some screws on the side - where the rails attach that need to be removed.

There should be a cover release latch on top correct. This should swing up and the cover shuold slide back towards the back of the machine and then you can lift the cover off. Most people try and lift the cover straight up but that will not work. Check to make sure that there are no screws in the back first. If it doesn't want to move, try lightly pressing down in the middle of the cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back