Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM : AIX tunning with /etc/tunables

Status
Not open for further replies.

herison

Technical User
Apr 17, 2007
Hello,

I have an IBM AIX server. Now, it's running with 100% CPU / 50% Swap (5Gb of memory and 8Gb Swap).

My tunable next boot is setting by default and I have somme nfso error on the lastboot.log like this

nfso: 1485-111 Invalid value 1000 for tunable nfs_v2_vm_bufs
Without -r, new value for Incremental tunable nfs_v2_vm_bufs must be greater than or equal to
its current value 10000
nfso: 1485-111 Invalid value 1000 for tunable nfs_v3_vm_bufs
Without -r, new value for Incremental tunable nfs_v3_vm_bufs must be greater than or equal to
its current value 10000
nfso: 1485-111 Invalid value 1000 for tunable nfs_v4_vm_bufs
Without -r, new value for Incremental tunable nfs_v4_vm_bufs must be greater than or equal to
its current value 10000

Can You help me.

Herison

It comes to a stage when no amount of tuning will improve an over-loaded system.

What Version of AIX are you running (oslevel -r)?
Are you using Async I/O?

You may be better posting this in the AIX forum

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back