Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM AIX: Open directory pointing to Windows server while specifying credentials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveheq

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2016
US
We have a unique issue where we want our IBM server to open a directory on a Windows server while passing credentials (username and password) that are different than the logged-in IBM user; right now it passes the credentials along and works if the Windows server has the same user credentials.

So for instance, we have a /QNTC/share set up that points to a Windows server IP address 1.2.3.4/folder, but when user BOB tries to open that share, it fails auth because there's no BOB on the Windows server. I haven't figured out yet how to have QNTC store credentials (or access different ones somehow).

Also I was looking at the mount command, and it appears it can create drive v that points to an IP with credentials (through cifs?), but I'm not quite sure that will work or how to format it exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back