Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM 225 8649 and ServeRAID-6i card

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorbinMyMan

Technical User
Feb 4, 2005
US
I have an IBM 225 8649-4AX machine and it had a ServeRAID-5i card in it. I took out the 5i card and put a brand new 6i card in and booted to the serve raid manager so I could update, but when it boots it can never find the ServeRAID controller. Here is the exact error msg when it loads the IBM ROM Update Program:

Unable to communicate with the ServeRAID controllers. Turn off the server, reseat the controllers, and turn on the server. If the problem persists, contact your IBM service representative.

ServeRAID BIOS not found.

So I did take it out and reseat and i get the same error message. Is this card compatible with this system, because my hardware vendor told me it was...

Thanks for any help!

Figured this one out, the onboard controller had been disabled in the BIOS and the 6i couldn't take over when booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back