Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iber info debout 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidSnake30

Technical User
May 30, 2016
US
Hey guys,

What Aloha debout corresponds to iber debugging info in regards to identifying issues with the process?

Shane, no debouts in data. they are all in the tmp folder. .svr is for the service. On the floor terms is where you will find the debout for iber since it is run on FOH not BOH. Also in tmp folder. look for something like debout.01 for term1

AlohaRoss
3rd Party support

What're are you looking for specifically?
Like Ross said most of the debouts are located in the tmp folder, but if you're looking for something specific it could be in a windows dmp file or log. You can change the Log level in CFC under Store Settings to get more detail.

Perfect. I was looking all over in BOH, in every directory available since its a process running on FS. Thanks for that url link ClayTaco..very helpful. I've never had anyone give me a straight barney style answer for what iber process governs/controls/does. What is its purpose with Aloha exactly?

@ClayTaco
I work low level support. My level doesn't get involved much with under the hood issues with Aloha. Issue came up with a vendor stating iber continually craps out. I'm just trying to learn more about what is happening to better my career and contribute to the team.

On a terminal, iber is Aloha. Kill Iber, Aloha shuts down on that terminal. You typically do not find it running on the fileserver except in certain circumstances, such as NCR's Online Ordering, which requires it to run windowless in the background.

Iber also runs on BOH for handhelds (if only a couple) and foh/boh combos which are pretty rare now a days. For a significant amount of handhelds a separate server to run them is highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back