Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBER.EXE invalid page fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2008
US
Hi Everyone.
I recently performed an upgrade from Aloha version 5.2x to 6.2.12 on a system. The back of house computer is a windows 2000 machine and the two workstations are touchdynamics with touchscreens attached. A few days after the upgrade the customer received an error on the terminals when Aloha launches saying that IBER.EXE has caused an invalid page fault and will need to close. Hitting the ok button causes the terminals to reboot. I am not sure what to do as I was just kind of thrown into Aloha work without any knowledge of how it works. Please help.

This generally indicates a corrupt trans.log. (Trans.log is located in the Aloha\Data directory on all terms as well as the back of house server.

Search for a file named: fixlog5.4.1.320.exe on your server. If you have it, from Aloha Manager, click on Utilities --> Stop FOH

This program is run via a command prompt with the following context (make sure you copy fixlog5.4.1.320.exe to the data directory): fixlog5.4.1.320 trans.log

This will create a file named fixed.log in the data directory. Rename trans.log to badTrans.log or anything that you can refer back to if you need this file. Then rename fixed.log to trans.log

Once again, go to Aloha Manager and click on Utilities --> Start FOH

If this does not help, please post the most recent day of debout text from the terminal. (Located in: Aloha\Tmp\debout.xx) <-- .xx = terminal number. The filename of the debout could also be a date. (20080523.xx or similar.)

*NOTE: My advice is only advice. Use at your own risk. I can not be held liable for misuse or any other circumstances that may arise. It is your responsibility to have a valid backup of all data before performing a procedure of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back