Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IB6 / web apps /install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracey

Programmer
Oct 16, 2000
NZ
Hi

I have two identicle compaq machines. (p4)

Both of these machines are destined to be web servers (one live and one guinea pig) on which a delphi cgi application
will access an Interbase Database.

Machine #1 was setup with no problems, and is currently my "development/test" machine.
Machine #2 was not. For some reason Interbase will not allow the app to open the Database. In IBConsol I can connect to the DB and view tables, data etc.

I have two test cgi-apps on Machine#2 at the moment. both are just "hello world" apps, but one tries to connect to the database (no success on machine#2 [cry]).

I have had this problem before, (possibly even on this same machine) but it was resolved after 5 or so installs. I am
currently up to install #12 and am still having no joy. [soapbox]

Is there anyone here that can point me in a direction to find and fix this problem? [flush]

IBConsole works directly with the Interbase API, so maybe your problem is the BDE. You didn't say to which install you refer. Is it Interbase or Delphi? Steven van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

Check out Don't connect from ISQL Client to a Server in LAN
thread756-180275
in this forum Steven van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

no just interbase, never mind i have solved the problem with a "fix"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back