Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IAS for Cisco authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkesting

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2003
US
Hello,

I have several 350 series Cisco bridges that connect to a Windows 2000 SBS that has Cisco ACS on it for some simple username/password authentication.

I am getting ready to retire the Windows 2000 server and replace it with a new Windows 2003 server, but have found out that my version of ACS won't run on Win 2K3, and I don't want to spend over $2500 for a newer version of ACS. I see that included in Windows 2003 is IAS.

Can IAS be configured for simple username/password authentication for the Cisco devices? I currently use EAP authentication.

Thanks.

Not sure about the 350 series, but I've used IAS for VPN authentication from both a Pix 506e and a brand new ASA 5510. Both work great.

We're getting ready to move our wireless access points to authenticate the same way this weekend. That way, we can get rid of the useless WEP.

There are several Cisco forums here that might help.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Do a search for IAS & Cisco, this has been discussed several times on here (well maybe the Cisco forums as well). I even think someone has written a 'how-to' guide.

Andy

Actually I think there was an article on the Techrepublic Site covering authenticating to Cisco Devices using IAS (I am sorry I don't have the link handy), you can try a search on it from the Techrepublic site directly

I also have an ASA 5510. Right now, I have the 5510 passing authentication to our AD Domain Controllers for VPN access. I would like to setup a Microsoft IAS server to authenticate the SSL VPN users as well as track login/logoff times as well as bandwidth usage.

Are there any docs to show how to setup Microsoft IAS with an ASA 5510?

Daveyd123 - please start your own thread.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back