Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i810 Graphics card and program installation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

assp

Technical User
Nov 21, 2000
IN
Hi,

I bought a new computer with a celeron 633 Mhz and 128 MB of RAM. It's got an i810 motherboard with an i810 onboard AGP card. The problem is Solaris 8 (IA) 10/100 can't recognize the card and its giving an horrible looking resolution. Can someone please tell me how to solve the problem.

When I am trying to run the installer program on the Solaris companion CD to install stuff like emacs,gvim,kde etc its giving me Java exception but jdk1.2 is already installed on my system. Why's this so and are there any other ways to install the programs other than running the installer program? I've tried pkgadd but it's doing nothing!! Can someone pls tell me why is this so.

--Thanks
Bye!!

buy a graphics card from the compatability list ... ATI rage is a good one if you can get it, it's cheap and supports all modes and resolutions (if i remember correctly)

if your graphics is not supported, it's either that, or go to the manufactueres site and see if you can download the device driver update (if such a thing exists)

sorry if this is bad news ...

You can wait more (2,3 Weeks) for patch 109401-04, this will add support for intel 810/815 and Matrox G450, you can check this information on Sun Web Site :

If you can't wait you can use Xfree86 4.0.2 for Solaris8, works fine for intel 810 ...

hope this help !

Regards,
CA,
>Sun

Patch 109401-05 is out, add support for intel i810/i815 and more ...

Patch-ID# 109401-05
Keywords: X11 6.4.1_x86 video drivers ati intel matrox nvidia kdmconfig
Synopsis: SunOS 5.8_x86: Updated video drivers and fixes
Date: Mar/05/2001
Solaris Release: 8_x86

Regards,
CA,

Hi cfsalmeida,

Thanks a million to you for letting me know about the wonderful news of the i810 patch released by Sun. It really saved my life. I thank you once again for the help. I really appreciated it. Can you please let me know what are the exact steps of configuring Xfree86 4.0.2 on Solaris 8 so that CDE will work properly.

-Thanks again
Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back