Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i360 TDM recorder implementation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp1derman78

Technical User
Apr 10, 2006
GB
Hi all,

Has anyone here implemented Witness new I360 TDM recorders? These replace the contactstores from 1st July due to EU regulations.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry to answer a question with a question but what EU regulations - just better check if they apply to our centre ?

From 1st July you can no longer purchase new Contactstores from Witness. Below is a quote from one of my Witness contacts.

Due to a new European piece of legislation:-

"the European RoHS directive that restricts the sale of systems containing a number of hazardous substances, with lead content the main impact on the electronics world. ContactStores are affected and cannot be modified to meet the new standard. As a result no new ContactStores can be sold from July 1. We are allowed to continue to ship spares for the time being so this does not affect the support of the units only new sales. We will therefore be forced to remove ContactStore from sale to all EU countries at that time. The new I360 recorder will need to replace all sales by that time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back