Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i3 PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopes1211

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US

Anyone heard of pro's or con's for an i3 PBX/ACD? I have a customer who would rather displace their call center's definity R10 for an i3 based on some brochures they have read. I know nothing about the i3? -CL

What are the capabilities in that Brochure that they would like. Basically the DEFINITY R10 has real powerfull ACD capabilities, and probably the Definity would have the same kind of features.

That i3 system you talk about, who produces that system?
Might be I could get some info on it, so you could compare
phone9ani.gif

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

It's an awkward situation that I'm not really being told of the functionality differences. These people came from an i3 shop and seem partial to it. They are also disgusted at Avaya's optional features such as CVadvocate, CTI, etc, costing $10K-$20K each. Every time they ask for Definity solution to an issue, they are being told "another Ten Thousand" (ATT, hee hee). I'm just at a loss knowing nothing of the i3 and not finding anyone else whose even heard of it, let alone use it. -CL

I3 is Interactive Intelligence. They license their call center product as a stand alone ACD, or partner with other manufacturers.
Here is a link to their datasheet.

I am not making any judgement about the product, but if I were you, I would spend some time evaluating the interoperability of your telephone sets with the product.

For example, do the agents have to use a PC based "softphone" to log in and out of the system, or receive call queue alerts? When calls are transferred out of the agent group, do they still display information on the Definity LCD phones?

Also, the Definity PBX has a 99.9995% reliability rating. If this system runs on NT or 2000, you can achieve acceptable reliability, but you will need to buy server hardware with redundant processors. Check the hardware and networking requirements for any client PC based features as well.

Also check the system limitations. One of the annoying characteristics I have seen with "Next generation" telephone systems is a datasheet that states "unlimited" call queues, simultaneous logins, etc. "Unlimited" resources is technically impossible unless the system is God. Check references from Interactive Intelligence customers who have integrated with Definity and have similarily sized call centers.

Above all, do not be pressured into a hasty decision. Your Customer will hold you responsible for the reliability and functionality of any system you install for them, even if it was their "great idea". Robert Harris
Communications Advantage

I worked for Provident Central Credit Union and used i3 with a G3. Works fine with existing sets or with analog sets which are much cheaper. The limitations are virtually none because it is software vs the limits of my old CMS setup. I have no reservations about recommending this product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back