Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2050 SoftPhone - Redirect Voice Path?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phannah

Technical User
Sep 29, 2003
US
Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to redirect the voice path of the i2050 SoftPhone to a TDM device? I know that it supports the use of an ATA, but I was looking to do this more upstream? Perhaps allow a user to use the i2050 for call control, but the actual voice path would be passed via a POTS (or mobile) phone, with the call originating from the switch, not the workstation?

Thanks - I know this is generic, but I've looked everywhere and come up with nothing...

If you want to go from Ip phone to TDM device you need to have DSP ports, aka VGMC card.

Sorry - I think I maybe confused you.

What I'm looking to do is allow a remote user (outside of the corporate network), from a broadband connection via a VPN access his or her phone extension using the i2050 SoftPhone for purposes of call control, but, instead of using a headset connected to the workstation for the voice path, use his or her mobile phone (or any other PSTN connected phone).

The purpose of this would be to eliminate the requirement for a high speed, low latency Internet connection as the voice path would be via the PSTN.

Thanks!

I suspected that to be the case - it's a shame (I hate doing this) because the Avaya IP Phone supports the functionality out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back