Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I2050 Soft Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyValentine

Vendor
Sep 15, 2005
US
I need more information...

I know that when you put the I2050 on a PC you have to have an IP Telephony Client seat... That's a given! But do you need to also buy an NTAB9803 for every station past the one free one you get with the BCM?

Read the Very bottom of this passage..
Here's some information:
The i2050 Software Phone allows you to conduct real-time business communication via your PC with all the familiarity and ease of a traditional telephone. The i2050 Software Phone joins Nortel's full range of desktop devices including the i2004 Internet Telephone that utilizes the same Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services in a hardware form. Designed to meet diverse customer needs as a primary desktop telephone, a supplemental desktop telephone, or a telecommuting device, the Nortel Networks i2050 Software Phone provides an easy means of increasing interpersonal communication via the high performance Internet. The i2050 Software Phone transforms your PC into a full-featured telephony communications platform. Simply load the software, plug in a headset into the USB port, and receive full-featured telecommunications services directly from your PC. The i2050 is ideal for call center agents. This software-based solution provides unified messaging and also offers the same services and capabilities as the i2004 Internet Telephone. In addition, the i2050 Software Phone supports powerful directory capabilities, with instant access to data that can either be stored locally on the PC or accessed remotely. The i2050 Soft Phone Client is required if your total number of clients exceeds 16 per site.

thanks for the info ... thats what the book says:(

I dont know what that 'bold' sentence means
i'll have to dig in a bit more to see if that is really the case

I need to revise this a little.

I know that when you put any I2050 seat on a PC you have to have an IP Telephony Client per seat... That's a given! Do you have to at least buy an NTAB9803 for every station Past the 16 you can down load off the BCM itself??
It reads as if you can download at Max 16 off of the the BCM without paying for the for the Auth. code for using the I2050 Software phone.

Has anybody tried to do this on a BCM400/200

You have a total of 16 free i2050 softphone downloads. Anything past that will cost.

I have not done this but my answer came straight from Nortel some time ago.

You can download as many clients as you want - it becomes a licensing thing. To remain "legal", you need to purchase a i2050 client for the 17th client and each one afterwards. This applies to the BCM. On the PBX, you need to buy a client for each i2050.

Clear as mud, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back