Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2050 Screen Pop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzzyzzz

Technical User
Dec 8, 2004
GB
I'm trying to get i2050 to screen-pop on my laptop on an incoming call. Any ideas??

Only release 3 of the softphone i2050 can do that. I current have release 1 and 2 and none of them can do it. Only on release 3.0. I will update mine next Tuesday, you can check back with me and I will let you know how it works.

Only Relese 3 will doit, but isn't free any more, you have to buy a licence to use it more than 30 days.

And then the lic needs to be on a sig server.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Two corrections to above:

- 2050 2.2.264 supports the screen pop on CS 1000 4.5 or later. You need PEP MPLR24248 installed on the CS 1000. You cannot download the install software from Nortel and need one copy of the CD for every v1 or v2 installation.

- 2050 3.0.197 also supports the screen pop on CS 1000 4.5 or later with the same PEP above. You can download the 2050 3.0.197 install software from Nortel (do not need to order CD) but does utilize a "licencing server" (also downloadable) which runs on a Windows PC with one licence per active user. The licence keycode is retrieved from Nortel KRS and installed on the licencing server.

- in all cases, you still require an ISM on the CS 1000 in order to configure the 2050 on that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back