Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2050 Phones and VGMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigaic

Technical User
Feb 8, 2006
GH
I am having problems in a Digital/IP phones mixed environment. The i2050 phones register with the VGMC alright and are able to make calls to each other (IP to IP), however when they make or receive calls from digital phone users or from ISDN trunks, they cannot hear anything on the line and the other end cannot hear either.

Is my suspicion that the VGMC has a problem correct?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
George

Was it working before?

Try to reseat your VGMC. Sometimes codecs fails to work properly

We had the same problem. Isolated it to the ITG-Pentium cards (never fails on the SMC cards).

Would have worked on it longer, but was already in mid-transaction to swap the ITG for the SMC (Nortel is currently offering a trade-in on the ITG for credit towards the purchase of the SMC).

There was so much pressure on me to do something and I eventually swapped the card to another slot and reprogrammed it both in the meridian and OTM and it works now. I want to observe it for a while and hope the problem does not occur again.

Thanks for the effort.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back