Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2050 headset is not recognized when phone boots up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPederman

Vendor
Mar 2, 2004
US
I am having an issue where the the USB headset is not being recognized by the softphone, though it is seen as a viable device in the Windows 7 control panel. When this happens and the phone boots up. The settings change to the internal speaker and mic. I then I have to stop the phone, go into settings and re-choose USB headset device and then unplug the headset and plug it back in, and then restart the sofphone. This is troublesome for busy non-technical call center users.

Is ther a way to make this bullet proof so as long as the headset is plugged in before I start the phone, the 2050 softphone will see the headset and use it? Or a way to always have the i2050 headset settings locked to USB headset?

What version of the Softphone are you using?

Windows 7 support is introduced in Release 4 of the softphone.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

The i2050 softphone version is 4.02.062. It is used on a Windows 7 laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back