Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2004 KEM - Blinks on Startup, Then Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnbookman

Technical User
Apr 15, 2008
US
Hello. I just installed a KEM on an i2004. From what I had understood, there were no modules that needed to be loaded into the BCM50 to get this working. However, the unit initializes (it blinks on all channels) but doesn't communicate with the phone after the boot sequence is complete.

Is there an initization that needs to take place in the BCM50?

I'm in IT here, but I'm not a Norton expert! I'm the last best hope for getting this user up, so please help make me a hero!

By the way - I cannot set this extension as a CAP (Central Answering Position) because it doesn't show up in the options to do so... and it's the only phone like this! Every other phone, all non-ip phones, shows up!

Are you sure that you know how to add a CAP set? If it will not let you add it as a CAP set then I would suggest that you make sure you have all of the latest patches.

Yes, I'm sure. One reason I'm perplexed about this is that when I'm in Element Manager (I'm at home now) under Telephony -> Global Settings -> CAP Assignment.

225 is the extension I want to add as the CAP. I've tried renaming the extension, and whatever extension I change it to disappears from CAP!

http://lowmileageengines.com/poodle/CAP.jpg

As pccal mentionned, make sure to have all the latest patches applied.

Assumption under "latest patches" statement is that you are running BCM 50 3.0.

The BCM 50 1.0 does not support the IP key expantion module 24,the 2.0 and above does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back