Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2002 not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleplop

Vendor
May 28, 2003
US
I tried to add a new i2002 phone to an existing BCM50 that has 9 IP sets on it already. I made sure all of the settings were identical to the working phones and verified that their were enough licenses on the system to support additional phones. The phone just keeps saying "Server Unreacable" and reboots. Anyone ever ran across this? This is on their local network so port blocking and firewalls are not the issue. Also, I was able to ping the BCM from this location.

Teleplop

What if happens if u use a static ip? u'd need to enter S1 and the port number of the BCM.

Did that and I get the same results.

Teleplop

Unplug the patch cable from the back of the phone and connect it to a registered phone.
If this works then the connection from the back of the phone to the BCM is ok.

OR
Take your phone to the bcm and plug it in directly to a spare lan port on the bcm50.
This will prove the phone working and register it here.

ChecK you have not connected it into the computer port instead of the lan port at the back of the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back