Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2002 and BCM not communicating

Status
Not open for further replies.

roosterlegg

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2003
US
Hello Everyone.

We have an i2002 phone connected remotely to a BCM 3.7 We were trying to get it to work without using a vpn. On the end with the BCM, We tried just forwarding port 7000 on the linksys to the local IP address of the BCM (192.168.1.150) but that did not work. We then tried putting 192.168.1.150 on the DMZ of the BCM and that did not work either. Finally we gave the BCM's LAN2 port one of our 5 pingable statics from our T1 provider and changed the published IP port on the BCM to LAN2.

Now we are back at the remote end trying to get the phone to connect. The phone will connect and bring up the time and date but will not get a dial tone unless it is on the DMZ of our router at the remote end.

What are we doing wrong. The phone shouldn't have to be on the DMZ to work because if you had multiple phones on a remote end there is no way to add more than 1 IP address to the DMZ of the router.

What are the required ports to get this working? I noticed port 7000 is RUDP. Does linksys not forward that protocol? I guess there are still a few areas that we are not sure about when it comes to getting these IP phones to work behind a firewall. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Most likely is a NAT issue on the far end. Make sure your firewall supports cone NAT. Port 7000 is UNISTIM registration. Voice payload is 28000-28255 if I remember correctly.

Or, just use a VPN and save yourself a lot of headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back