Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I would like to know what a buffer is Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizzmo

Technical User
Sep 27, 2001
AU
Hi...i have a CD-Burner and when I try to burn a CD...it says something like "Buffer capacity is too short" or something like that. I'd like know what I can do to stop this.
Thanks

Hi
The Cd Burning software, reads the contents and keeps it in a buffer so that the CD can get the contents to write in a uniforn stream. CDs are written by a heating process and so needs to be provided with the data uniformly without a wait.

The buffer is filled ahead continuously by the cd buring software. Obviously, the RAM, the CDs cache, processor occupation etc are involved. All the more the reason..
1. Not to have any Screen saver which gets over the CD-software.
2. No background activity or pushing the CD burning to background of OS so that the process continues without hindrance.
3. The CD is using a correct write speed that it is capable of. In cases, if the CD quality is not good.. try to write with a lower speed than capability of CDR writer.
4. Virus free environment
and such activities which will not hinder the operation.

Hope this is helpful to you. :) ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

Thank you so much. It did help. Also, thanks for letting me know that there are always people to help. That is very encouraging for me. I learn computing aswell. I need lots of support. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back