Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I would like to be able to access t 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelRed

Programmer
Dec 22, 1999
US
I would like to be able to access the "update date" of the various MS Access objects ... Forms, modules, tables, Reports Databases, ... et al as well as the sub entities. I can easily(?) get the various objects via the containers, but do not see any data properties associated with rather the containers or the objects "contained" therein?

MichaelRed

I believe there is a Documents collection in the container, with a LastUpdated property. Something like tables.documents("sometable").Lastupdated

I may have the syntax wrong and I'm on an iPad at the moment so I can't test it.
Jim

You just need to trawl the (hidden) MSysObjects table

Thanks to both. I was able to access both sources with only the confusion between seat & keyboard to delay obtaining the desired response. Delving through the container objects is somewhat more involved but yields a more compact set of information (suitable for the intent of this exercise). MSysObjects yields a much richer data set and is of course also more easily access - as long as operator is comfortable with SQL.

Then, MSysObjects also includes some data which is not readily understood (e.g. the LV* fields).

MichaelRed

MichaelRed,
Glad you got this sorted but keep in mind the internals of MSysObjects etc are not documented by MS for our use so the results could be unreliable however they are the best alternative.

Also, your confusion is PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

> could be unreliable

Possibly - but the fields referencing the Created date and the Last Updated date in MSysObjects have not changed on at least 20 years, so I suspect we are safe enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back