Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I would like some Information regarding Smart Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchieTy

Technical User
Jan 31, 2002
US
I am in the middle of a discussion with a Local Exchange Carrier regarding testing. Can someone help me with information pertaining to Smart Jacks. I would like to get some information about what it can do, along with what it looks like. Thanks.

I'll take a shot at this
Well if you look at where your T-1 phone lines come out of the lightning protection box and follow the to a cabinet with about 12 slots or less. Its where your Teleco (Qwest or ?)guy plugs his tester into to test the t-1. This is where you plug your RJ45 into to connect. Some of them are .5" to 1.25" wide and 4" tall. So many buttons So little time
Thanks All
Phoneman2

You will probably need the builing owner to allow you access to the building's 'phone room'. (Ours is usually locked unless we request management to open it up). The phone company can put your phone loop in a testing pattern up to the smartjack, then if that works they can test up to your CSU.
-Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back