Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I will ask the first question here. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeter

Technical User
Apr 6, 2000
US
I will ask the first question here.
I am working on a MICS 4.1 system with E&M lines to a cisco
1750 router VOFR ( voice over frame-relay ). The problem that I am having I believe is to be from the Norstar. When I
dial an extension from the far end say x-421 it will not ring through, however I do see a line become active as if the switch answers it. I have setup the E&M lines for auto answer wink-start DTMF. The Target lines are built starting at 145.

I can dial from the meridian to the far end with no trouble.
If I set the E&M lines to manual answer and set the extension to ring then it works. Another issue is that when the DISA is set to yes I do not hear the stuttered DT. I have check all my programming several times and I am at my wits end.

Not bad for the first question !!!!!!!! Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

I have solved my own problem. I will post the out come in a few days. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

In a nut-shell the problem was from the Cisco router.
The dial-peer voice commands I setup using wild card ( .... ) .= any digit. The norstar did not like this entry. So I replaced the ( ... ) with a 4 . Now the far end accesses the E&M lines DIALS 4 plus and extension or dial 4 and 51 to access a line group to make local calls.

Case Closed !!!!! Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back