Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to show prices of products in the right currency depending on where the visitors arrive from 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0deM0nK424

Programmer
Oct 28, 2007
GB
by default the website takes payment in GBP - however i want to be able to use a CMS to allow me to add as many 'new currencies' as possible - i.e tomorrow I add US Dollars and Australian Dollars.

Once I do this - if I get hits to the website from either nation , then the items on my website shall be shown with the respective currency relating to the country the visitor is coming from

i.e if somebody in NYC comes to my website - they do not see the prices in GBP (Default) - rather, they see them in Dollars $.

will i need to hard code some rules , i.e write a php script for this sort of thing ?

isn't it possible to 'identify' where a visitor comes from by just their IP address ? if the visitors are from Japan - show the prices in JApanese currency, if they're from India show prices in rupees, if they're from Switzerland..you catch my drift ?

any tips or advice would be welcomed folks - what is the best approach for this ?

thanks.

Thank you for your prompt fast reply Chris, much appreciated mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back