Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to setup our asterisk server to deliver message to a cell phone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincer12

Technical User
Sep 12, 2008
I want to setup our asterisk server to receive an incoming voice mail message after hours and then have the server call a cell phone and deliver the message it received. What is the best way to do this? It has to be the voice mail message to a cell phone not an email. Is this possible? Thanks

How do you want this to work? Do you want Asterisk to:

1. Recieve a call and save as voicemail
2. Dial the remote mobile
3. When answered tell the mobile user they have a message
4. Play the message when a key is pressed

If this is what you want then Asterisk can do this with a bit of scripting in the dialplan.

Lee Mason
Optimal Projects Ltd

Check out vm-notify.

We use this with our afterhours mailbox.

When a message is left it tries calling the cell phone. The called person has to enter a 1 to acknowledge the call, plus mailbox password. The cell phone number can be changed remotely or locally.

Sometimes wish it would cascade through multiple cell phones, cut so far so good.

You can also set up a follow-me extension with muliple telephone numbers. This will allow the system to call more than one cell phone at the same time. We tried and deactivated, but it worked.

Yes that is what we want the server to do. How do I go about finding the necessary scripting for this? Or will I have to create it myself? I also need to be able to change the mobile phone from week to week. Thank you for your time.

do a google search on vm-notify. This will get you the script. Once installed and working, you will be able to locally or remotely change the out called cell phone.

You will have to adjust the section on outcalling based on you trunks

also notice that the scripts are different depending on the version of asterisk you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back