Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to run my tv through my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcblair

MIS
Feb 17, 2000
US
I just bought a new PC with DVD read and write. It has a large monitor alsi. I would like to be able to hook my TV to my computer system and possibly record a program. I also would like to run the sound through my computer possibly with or without having the picture on video on the computer. Any help is appreciated.

There are about a zillion ways to do what you described. First, the TV thing: One of the least expensive cards to do this with is the ATI All In Wonder Pro, although it does have a few bugs. This video card supports coax, RCA connectors, and Svideo both incoming and outgoing.

The abovementioned video card can also support sound, but here is my suggestion: Get two sound cards, use one for recording and use one for playback, that way you have total control over your sound environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back