Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to play L D Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleone

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2002
US
I know what I want to do and I'm looking for suggestions from the brain trust.

I want to buy cheap LD and resale it using 800 overdial, like MCI did years ago but on a much smaller scale.

I have a G3 ver 6 switch and a idle pri card. I want to use half of the channels for 800 inbound and half for outbound LD. I also need a way to validate the caller as a valid client (pins or ani), vectoring is available in the switch. I figure I can bill from the CDR.

All I need now is your wisdom. I await you questions and suggestions.

teleone

If you have vectoring you can use a step for collect digits which the then cross references with a table with valid custmoer pin numbers to verfiy authorized users. I'll will have a look on my system for the exact way of how to do it and let you know. That's about all I can help you with sorry.

Ok just had a look I think maybe you will need EAS (expert agent selection) rather than ACD. You will need to enter command add vrt next (or number 1 - 10). this will give you the following table:

add vrt next Page 1 of 3
VECTOR ROUTING TABLE

Number: 1 Name: Sort? n

1: 17:
2: 18:
3: 19:
4: 20:
5: 21:
6: 22:
7: 23:
8: 24:
9: 25:
10: 26:
11: 27:
12: 28:
13: 29:
14: 30:
15: 31:
16: 32:
This is where you can add account numbers of your customers, and is where the vector refers to when your customers enter their account number. On your vector you will need a collect digits step and a goto step see example below:

01 collect 4 digits after announcement 512
02 goto step 3 if digits in table 1
03 route-to number with cov n if unconditionally

The caller will hear an anouncenet for example enter pin number the vector then checks the pin number in the vrt (vector routing table) if the pin is valid then yon can route the caller to another vector or where ever you want. If the pin is in-valid then you can tell the caller where to go!! Hope this helps.

Colby

Thanks Colby007,

That sounds like a solution I can live with. Guess that it is time for me to learn something about vectors. I'll have to break out the books, I don't have a clue.

Thanks again for the help.

teleone

This could be kind of tricky if I can help you I will try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back