Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to NOT ALLOW PRINTING from a pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLSReality

Technical User
Sep 18, 2011
GB
I would like to be able to send a pdf out that most people could view, but NOT print out. It does not need to be foolproof, it just needs to foil 90% of the people.

Then, you need Abode Acrobat or the proper distiller application providing all the attribute options, one of them being "No Printing Rights"! Preview does not provide any control of those attribute options to my knowledge.

....JIM....

Jim,
Thanks. As you correctly surmised, I am an unsophisticated user of Acrobat Pro (Mac 9.4.6) and did not know HOW to do that. But your response let me to the Properties selection on the File Menu.

Once there it took me a little while to figure out that I could use the Password Security under Security Method WITHOUT requiring all people receiving the file to know the password.

Unfortunately it is difficult to find help on this issue, because all searches I tried to do led me to printing difficulty problems, and none to how to make it happen.

Thanks again for your help in leading me in the right direction.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back