Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to know if I can

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALGPI

MIS
Jan 20, 2003
US
I want to know if I can install suite 8, and over ride suite 9 thany I have now, but Im not happy with the newer address book.

I would recommend uninstalling v9 first and then installing 8. I had the a problem with Quattro in the v9 suite and did just that for Quattro only.
The only problem was that the v8 install includes some files (internet interfacing?) which you can't bypass and which are outdated by now, and it screwed up my more recent Outlook settings for a little while until I reset everything with a Windows update.
[dazed]
David

I believe that both versions can co-exist on the same PC without too many problems. However, I suspect that the capability was probably designed for when the newer version is installed AFTER the older version (and perhaps not the other way around). BlackburnKL

Actually it works either way if they are installed to separate folders and nothing is shared between them. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back